Can't get Curviloft to work

I’m sorry, what do you meant by my 2 posts were flagged? I’m kinda noob in these forum etiquette. Maybe I did something wrong in replying.

The 2 posts with the video’s are made invissible because someone flagged them.
Usually this is done because a post contains spam or is offending or otherwise against forum guidelines.
I have no clue why someone would flag them either…

You have both LibFredo6 and Curviloft up to date.

Then, since I cannot reproduce, could you post the model file (.skp) with the 2 arcs provoking the bug.

Thanks

I have got exactly the same issue Emkey22…

I’ve tried to uninstall & install (latest version) Curviloft and LibFreddo, reboot… that didn’t work.

This is what I get in Ruby Console:

2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curviloftalgo.rbe:1322:in link_compute_2D_footprint' c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curviloftalgo.rbe:1262:in link_compute_polygons’
c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curviloftalgo.rbe:1424:in junction_construct' c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curviloftalgo.rbe:407:in block in link_construct_all’
c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curviloftalgo.rbe:407:in each' c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curviloftalgo.rbe:407:in link_construct_all’
c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curviloftalgo.rbe:396:in link_calculate_all' c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curviloftalgo.rbe:369:in prepare_all’
c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curviloftalgo.rbe:362:in proceed' c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curvilofttool.rbe:641:in transition_to_loft’
c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curvilofttool.rbe:334:in activate' c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curvilofttool.rbe:67:in select_tool’
c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curvilofttool.rbe:67:in launch_loft' c:/users/dennis/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_curviloft/curvilofttool.rbe:53:in action__mapping’
C:/Users/Dennis/AppData/Local/Temp/Fredo6_LibFredo6_TemporaryFiles/data6.rb:65:in `call’

Do you also have the current version of the Sketchucation tool installed?

Yes, just reinstalled te latest version of Sketchucation tools as well… It still doesn’t work.

Maybe good to mention: I try to create two arcs and connect them with “loft junctions” option… this doesn’t work. But it does work if I try to connect a cube and circle. See attachment:

Yes. Good to mention it. This is strictly pilot error. You need to connect the ends of the arcs to make that work. You need a closed loop of edges.

curvi

Of course if the two curves are in the same plane, there’s no need for the extension because the face will form when you close the loop.

Thanks for your reply and for helping me out!

The thing is; I have to make a curved sidewalk with a texture that has to follow the curved shapes. If you look at this youtube tutorial, you can see what I’m trying to do, but without any luck :frowning:

If you pay attention to what he says you’ll notice he’s using “Loft by Spline” (the first tool on the tool bar and not the “Loft Junctions” you’re trying to use.

loft

That’s the one I’m trying to use! Sorry for the inconvenience… But this tool doesn’t work like it does in tutorial and your screen capture.

Perhaps try removing the Curviloft file and folder from the Plugins folder and then reinstall using the Sketchucation Tool.

I just tried to use the plugin on another pc… now it works! Still weird it doesn’t work on my own pc. Tomorrow I will try to use your last solution. Thanks for your support!

Hi, Could someone kindly help me to sovle this problem. My Curviloft menu doesn’t full display. Do I have to re install it again. Thank you.

Please, just upgrade to LibFredo6 v11.6a.

Resurrecting this thread. I am up to date on all plugins and LibFredo6 (13.9a - Feb 23) . This exact problem just started happening on my pc. Loft by Spline was literally working one second and then stopped working mid-command in exactly the same way others reported showing in the thread above. Ruby Console error is exactly the same. I do not see a resolution other than updating LibFredo. I am a paid user with activated license. Restarted Sketchup, restarted pc, tried in a clean file, nothing has fixed this. Also, the Curviloft menu has minimized and I cannot get it to expand to the full menu bar. Using Sketchup 2023. I’ve been using this tool for a long time for this exact purpose and never had any issues like this. Any ideas on what could be causing this issue? Could it be Sketchup 23?

Do you have the current version of the Sketchucation ExtensionStore installed?

I believe so. If the latest version is 4.3.1, then yes.

Do you get any message in the Ruby console when you try to run it?

Yes, as I said in my comment.

Share the SketchUp file with us. If you read this thread you will see that the previous user who reported it had incorrectly set up their model.