Cannot open 2015 in "Make" mode

Yeah having same problem, definitely am downloading the make version, it keeps saying “downloading sketchup make” specifically until its done, the desktop icon is for sketchup 2015 which has the license error :confused: tried all fixes on this page and any i can find elsewhere, none work. This is on windows pc.

Having the exact same issue. I removed SU using AppClenaer which removes all of the extra files and folders. I even installed SU in a new user account on my Mac and I’m getting the same results. Repaired permissions, re-installed, made sure I downloaded the Make version, nothing.

When installed and opened by the first time I’m getting this several times in the console:

11/11/14 3:45:01.964 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[369]: Error -60005 creating authorization
11/11/14 3:45:13.000 PM kernel[0]: CoreServicesUIAg[369] Unable to quarantine: 93
11/11/14 3:45:13.041 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[369]: error -1427 while setting quarantine data
11/11/14 3:45:13.000 PM kernel[0]: CoreServicesUIAg[369] Unable to quarantine: 93

I hope this helps.

@Tommy, the question is only fair; yes, I really did download Make (and not Pro), and yes, I do install by dragging the application bundle into the Applications folder.

Cheers,
Giuseppe

Haha. Thanks for understanding. I have one more attempt to ensure that the process is going as expected. I created a short video of myself uninstalling expired SketchUp Pro 2015 and installing SketchUp Make 2015 on Mac OS X 10.9.5. Click on the link below to watch the video:

Feel free to follow along, and if you get different results, you, too, can use Jing to demonstrate what happens on your computer.

1 Like

Ok, here ya go, still same issue: SketchUp_Expired

I noticed a couple details with your process, I don’t get asked permissions to move either folder to the trash, and the icon for the Application folder I get is not the one you get, I know, it’s just a little detail but who knows, it may give a hint of what the issue is.

I was going to make a screencast myself, but it would simply replicate @pastenes’ example (except that I also emptied the trash and even rebooted before reinstalling).

A friend of mine (ehm) told me once that in a distant, long forgotten past, he may have sinned, by installing who-knows-which unauthorized SU license. This “friend” has since reverted to the straight and narrow. He now wonders if the misdeed may be at the root of the problem. Does the installer call home? Is there a blacklisting mechanism in place? What other more or less hidden files might be telling SU that a Pro installation existed at some point in time on this machine?

Phew. I think that all the bases have been cleared. Thanks for humoring me, folks.

As @bugra mentioned earlier, there is a related known issue where you could see this problem if your system clock was changed during the 30-day trial — a significant change, on the order of 1-2 days. Daylight Savings wouldn’t cause the problem. We’re actively investigating this issue and ways to resolve it.

In the meantime, if you can also upload your license logs (instructions below) to Google Docs/Dropbox and send me a Private Message with a link to the log, that would be great.

[License Log Instructions for Windows]

1. Open a new Windows Explorer window.
  2. Go to the folder C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2015. Note that it’s “ProgramData” not “Program Files,” and that ProgramData is a hidden folder by default. You will need to show hidden files/folders to see the folder [learn more | Show hidden files ].
  3. Locate the “liclog.txt” file and upload a copy of it to Google Drive or Dropbox.

[License Log Instructions for Mac]

1. Open a new FInder window.
  2. Click “Go” in the menu bar at the top.
  3. Select “Go to Folder…”
  4. Copy and paste the following folder in the text box: ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015
  5. Locate the “liclog.txt” file and upload a copy of it to Google Drive or Dropbox.

LASTLY, send me a PM with a link to the log file.

Thanks!

1 Like

Just so that people on this thread can keep up with the progress, I have forwarded @Tommy my liclog.txt file, as per instructions. Looking forward to a solution to the problem.

–Giuseppe

Same here. I hope it helps.

Many thanks, guys. We have an internal bug tracking this issue. I added the logs to the bug so that we can investigate/update all in one place.

Hang tight!

Same problem as mentioned above. A few hours ago I downloaded Sketchup Make and it opens as Sketchup Pro, indicating I have an expired license. I only want Sketchup Make. I have forwarded @Tommy my liclog.txt. Hopefully you can resolve this quickly

I too cannot use Sketchup Make 2015 due to it loading into a Pro version splash screen instead of Make, and saying I have an expired license key. I miss the good old days when Google owned it.

Feel free to use your old google version.

Can anyone point out where/how to download older versions of SU? Until the issue is resolved, what I would like to do is go back to back in time until I find a version that works. At this point, I do not really care if the version that works is Trimble or Google…

Thanks in advance,
Giuseppe

You can only download older versions of SketchUp Pro from the SketchUp site, not SketchUp Make or older free versions.

Anssi

and SUP v8 from here.

I have the darn problem as everyone else here. Can’t get SU Make to open no matter what I do. Even contacted “Customer” Service and all they said was, that "Customer Service is for paying customers!

@wesleycole408 Mac or Windows?

And to everyone having this problem, rest assured that we are on it. This problem caught us by surprise as it never showed up during any tests. I am still bewildered by how many of you are experiencing it. We have a fix in testing, please hang tight. In the mean time, I am privately trying to help everyone who I think I can get fixed.

@bugra Same problem here. Win 7 Pro 64-bit. Tried uninstalling, cleaning registry and files and re-installing but no go. Would be great if you can fix this soon. In the mean time, SketchUp Make 2015 is not usable. Thanks!