Cannot open 2015 in "Make" mode

I have the Windows version.

For what it’s worth, I have the same problem with the Make version, but never installed the Pro version, since this is a brand new Surface Pro 3 I’m trying to install it on. Can’t wait for a fix, thanks!

My trial period run out today. It seems to be a popular topic.
I did go to the download page and down load sketchup make. When run it said it would update my installation which it did and I now have access to files made with 2015 pro trial and all others that 2015 updated from previous versions.
That was good to see as couldnt access anything.
I only remember one version when I down loaded ver 2015 a month ago.
The make version I downloaded now is newer then the trial version that download so I believe they have fixed the problem. That is of today Dec4 2014

Thank you as I am starting to enjoy using sketchup after a long leaning curve.

Just tried downloading the Make version and still no luck, it requires a license. It shows the Pro 2015 User, Expired message. Tried the repair selection, no luck, obviously some file is not getting erased, but I had already gone in and erased the Sketchup file under ProgramData. I am using Windows Technical Preview Evaluation copy: Build 9879 but my previous Make version worked prior to downloading you 2015 upgrade.

Hello all, please do not delete any files from your computer (in ProgramData or otherwise) in order to fix this issue. This may cause more permanent issues with your SketchUp installation. We will release a fix as soon as we can. In the mean time I am trying to help out everyone in this thread privately.
Thank you!

Hi Bugra,

I hope you can help me too: Luckily I still have Sketchup Make 2014 running, but installing Sketchup Make 2015 shows tha same problems as described above.
Any indication when problem is solved?

BTW it’s Windows 7 64 bit…

HI There,

Has there been a fix for this yet? I have a several labs (150 computers) to image next week and this current copy of “Make” is giving this same error! I have to use 2015 because the old version is not compatible with Google Earth. So basically I need a fix now for this. We are not at all concerned with running Pro, so if there is a way to not offer it and just install Make that would be great.

I have the same problem. System running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. Noticed as several others that my system clock was changed by about a month into the future? - the only program that I have loaded when this happened was SU 2015. I did not want the Pro version and loaded what I thought was Make and ended up in this trial and problem.

Hi Bugra,

I’m using SketchUp 8 on my mac (OS X 10.9.5) but would like to create things with SketchUp 2015 Make…
I’ve got the same Problems like almost all in this treat (After installation of SketchUp 2015 Make (German version) → licence expired)
Could you help me too?
Thanks!
I

Hello, mr bugra, please add me to the list. My experience is very similar to @giuseb. Clearly there is some file hidden that keeps the history of the license checkouts, even in tommy’s Make splash screen he was identified as a expired Pro user. And I have never changed my system clock. I also think the security settings affect the result, as with @giuseb I got different validation pop ups. Other factors may be that I think I did the mountain lion to yosemite upgrade during the trial period, and I also experimented with some of the Pro features (intersect faces) on practice designs during the trial.

Question I do have is whether there is any way to restore from Time Capsule to a time before the license expired? I suppose you would need to know what to restore.

@bugra Another data point. I do run Windows 7 VM under latest Parallels version on Yosemite. I downloaded and installed Make and it works fine, can check again after the trial expires if this problem returns

All, I have tried to reach out to everyone on this thread via private message. Not everyone got back to me but rest assured, there will be a fix for this in the near future.
Thanks.

Add my name to the list of people with this problem.

Running OSX 10.9.5, never used SU before now. Definitely downloaded the Make version, not the Pro version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: tried on Windows 7 (through Parallels), and actually got the 30-day trial working. That helps with the immediate problem, but I’d still like to know why the Mac version doesn’t work.

dggrow here and I have not heard from you that I am aware of. I posted 9d ago

Hi Willy, I also have to image a large CAD lab this week. Have you found any work-around to this issue yet?
-Mel.

Hello all, we just released a new version of SketchUp 2015 which we believe fixes these issues you have been experiencing in Make. Thanks a lot for your patience!

Hello there,

Use 32 bit installer even if you have a 64 bit machine!!

note : this message will be deleted shortly by team members!!! I dont know why?

they should try to fix the problem instead of deleting user posts

Hi there @1984_emre,
Sorry, this isn’t good advice. What problem would it solve to install 32-bit SketchUp on a 64-bit machine? I don’t see the relation to any of the Make issues being discussed. Maybe I’m missing something.

sorry I’m not with you,

I have had the same prob. about starting(not able to start) sketch up make 2015 as others have on this topic,

than uninstalled make 2015 64 bit software and tried with 32 bit installer,

anyway, it is a wortless situaiton to be a member for this forum after seeing your declamation,

maybe you re missing this topics headin huh!

maybe you should write for wiki for your new releases!!!

@1984_emre: I’m sorry to have upset you, it wasn’t my intention. I just didn’t understand why 32-bit installation would solve this problem on a 64-bit OS (and I still don’t). There must be another explanation for why it worked for you. Is the latest 64-bit installer still not working for you? If so, I would love to know that and try to help you get it working.

I am well aware of the issues being discussed here (since I am the engineer in charge of fixing them). There were a few issues with the licensing system that we fixed with the latest release. Another issue was that the website was accidentally serving the Pro installer instead of Make on some 32-bit machines. This should also have been resolved.