Cannot cut opening diagonal wall

I cannot cut an opening through two wall planes spaced 5" apart at a 135 degree angle to the other walls on axis. Any suggestions appreciated.

I wonder why? How about showing us exactly what you are trying to accomplish? Upload the .skp file so we can see what you’ve got set up?

What version of SketchUp are you using? Please complete your profile.

Thanks for responding. I am using SketchUp Pro 2019 on MacOS Mojave.

I have uploaded model I am working on. If you select scene “CUT DOOR” the red outline is where I want to cut the opening. I realize that I have drawn this rectangle outside the wall group. When I go into wall group and draw a rectangle on the face of the angled wall I cannot get Push/Pull to work.
Thanks for your help1013_Building.skp|attachment (3.0 MB)

Your file didn’t upload.

Please see attached. 1013_Building.skp (3.0 MB)

The faces of the wall are not parallel with each other. In order for the opening to be cut, the end face must be parallel to the starting face.

Probably the best thing to do is fix the wall but if you don’t want to do that, push the face well beyond the opposite side. Then select the geometry, right click on it and choose Intersect Faces. Then erase everything that isn’t the wall.

I did both methods you recommended. First I intersected the push/pull with the door frame and was able to erase the final face of the wall. Then I remodeled that section of wall using offset to make sure the faces were parallel. Then I drew a rotated rectangle on the wall face and was able to push/pull the opening after a few tries. Very slow and tedious process. Would you recommend any architectural plugins that allow cutting openings in angled walls without it taking huge amounts of time?

Plug in or work process. I am doing this professionally and need to learn an optimal workflow so that I can complete projects quickly. Right now the process I am using is hit or miss, the results are very frustrating, and it is taking hours to do work that should take 15 minutes.

I can’t think of any plugins that will compensate for bad geometry. I think the key thing in any kind of modeling is to make sure it is clean and correct as you go. It looks like you are tracing an imported .dxg file and those lines in that file aren’t parallel either. You can get away with that in a 2D drawing but once it goes 3D, there’s no tolerance for sloppy drawing work. FWIW, this kind of thing with 2D CAD files seems to be fairly common. This is the third time in less than 7 days that I’ve helped someone who had exactly the same problem.

You’d save yourself some time screwing around with this sort of thing if you do something other than counting on the accuracy of the 2D file. Maybe that’s drawing only one side of the wall and using Offset to create the other, or inferencing to make sure you are drawing parallel to the first diagonal, or maybe you need to use the Tape Measure tool to set out guides.

You might wanna check Dibac.

Thanks for feedback.

I will look over thanks for reference.