I definitely have drawing tools selected, but whenever I try to draw a rectangle or circle with the autoshape, it just rotates the screen rather than drawing anything. I’m sure this is an easy fix I’m somehow missing, but any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!
Forgive me some obvious questions.
~ are you set to “just draw” mode?
~ are you possibly dragging a back finger or knuckle or wrist on the screen?
~ is it all auto shapes?
~ what happens with other tools like line or rectangle?
are you set to “just draw” mode? Yes
~ are you possibly dragging a back finger or knuckle or wrist on the screen? No
~ is it all auto shapes? Not just auto shapes. I can’t draw anything or use any of the tools.
~ what happens with other tools like line or rectangle? No luck with those either.
Matt Rekowski, C-AA
I understand how these things work. I have watched the tutorials on YouTube. I simply cannot draw. I do not believe it’s an issue on my end.
Matt Rekowski, C-AA
With that information, My first guess would be defective pencil.
More obvious questions…
- did it work before? Or is this a new install and your first time using it?
- Have you tried rebooting the iPad?
Troubleshooting steps I would take would be:
- make sure the pencil was properly paired (possibly even un-pair and re-pair)
- go to click-move-click mode and test the regular drawing functions (not autoshape) to make sure the program is still responding. Either with finger or Bluetooth mouse.
- go to another app that properly uses the pencil and test it there to see if it’s responding as you want it to.
Edit: if you have another pencil, or a way of using some else’s pencil, that might clarify things too.
Hi @mrekowski, what version of the app do you have installed (you can tap the little SketchUp logo in the bottom left corner of the Home Screen to go to the About screen)? Are there any app updates available for you to install from the App Store?
Another question, what iPad and pencil are you using?