Can not display "Show terrain"

It looks like you have better resolution in the DWG contours than you’d get from Get Location. You could project the terrain image over the contours using the image as a texture…

Hi Dave, is the need to right click and run as administrator just on PCs? I tried it on the last update on my mac but didn’t get that option.
Hope you’re well, Sally x

Hi Sally,

Yes, that is a PC thing.

All is well here. I hope the same for you.

Hi Dave,

Not to be slightly off topic but since we have the given Digital Globe terrain presented now in SU17, can I capture that same but higher resolution terrain view from Google Earth as a JPG and make that a texture to then project onto the lower resolution DG terrain?

Thanks for your advice !

I am having the same issue with “show terrain” in geo location. I’ve used this before without issue… Help!
mac os sierra 10.12.6 (16G29), 2017pro

What’s the location?

im in north baltimore county,maryland…its farmland, but just out of the city
4313 Mt. Zion Road
Upperco MD 21155

It would appear that Digital Globe doesn’t offer 3D terrain for that location.

thats a bummer… Thank you, DaveR- are there any other options available to be to get the terrain?

Not that I’m aware of. Maybe the county has GIS terrain data. If they do, it’s likely better than you could get from DG or, in the old days from Google.

Thank you again- It is a hilly site and I can use traditional methods of information gathering and create an accurate-ish terrain.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.