Camera match

Hello, I have used Camera Match in the past. without any problems. Today, have everything setup, looks good on screen, then export 2d image, and the matched image is tiled across the new export image. The model looks to be centre in place, but the image is just tiled, not aligned in any way. Please advise.

Share the .skp file so we can see what you’ve got going on. What version of SketchUp and what OS? Please complete/update your forum profile.

Hello

I have the latest sketchup 24.0.483, Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1 and a MBP 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel i7, 16 Ram.
I will try and attach a PDF with 2 screen caps, showing the exported image, then what it looks like in Sketchup. The Sketchup image is great, the exported image is not.
skp-tech1.pdf (1.6 MB)

Put that in your forum profile.

Share the .skp file, too.

The SKP file is fairly large, about 50m.
If I lower the pixels in the options, it works. But the image is not usable. Soon as I increase the pixels to (seems like around 1500 is the break point) increase the image pixels and it produces the tiled reference image.

Here is the file, I tried to strip it down to lower file size.
Also included couple resolutions of exported 2d graphics.
Once I lowered the width pixels to 1000 it worked, but resolution is to low for anything usable.
It would not upload the SKP, file is still to large.
Please advise?

Use Wetransfer or Dropbox.

I found that too high a resolution creates a problem for Matchphoto.

• Use a down sampled image to work in SU with Matchphoto
  • Export the match photo as PNG without the background photo showing at the higher resolution needed
  • Composite the high resolution original with the exported SU version on top in an image editor like Photoshop.

That’s how you get the highest quality results.