Bugsplat Crash # 35643

when opening a file, the software would hang and any command will just result in the sound/chime. Initially, I would restart the laptop, and when it showed the software that was keeping the laptop from restarting, I would press cancel, then the file would open. This was the case for a few times, so I was still able to work, and save, and close the software. Soon after, the time period where the screen showing the option to cancel restart would be very quick (a split second) so I could not press cancel, and the laptop would re-start. Because of this, I am no longer able to open the file. This has been the case since then.

hello, do you have multiple screens ?
usually, when you hear a windows alert sound and feel like sketchup is not responding, you just have a dialog that is off the screen.
first try to disconnect your external screen if you have one, restart sketchup, and plug the screen back in.

If you don’t, follow these steps :

Step 1 : press ALT+SPACEBAR

Step 2 : Now press M , which will basically choose the Move option (replace by the move key depending on windows language)

Step 3 : Now use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window to the new position that you desire.

1 Like

Hello Paul! Thanks for that insight.

But the problem is I couldnt use the sketchup now. it will hang and couldnt use the command. It has the bugsplat code with #35643

my message above would fix the problem you encountered before your bugsplat.
forcing windows to restart while having the file opened might have corrupted your file or even program.
do you only get it with one particular model you’re trying to open, or every time you start sketchup ?

everytime i use sketchup now . I tried to uninstall and re-install sketchup now but still facing the same situation.

did you recently install plugins/extensions ? have you updated your nvidia gtx 1050 drivers from nvidia website ?

One thing to try is holding shift when you start up. That opens a fresh version of sketchup rather than it trying to open the last autosave.

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.