Bug Splat With SketchUp Make 2017

Sketchup Make 2017 gives a Bug Splat at startup. I’ve uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted but the splat remains. Any suggestions?

Splats on startup are typically due to graphics card problems. You might try updating the graphics drivers directly from the Intel site. Don’t trust Windows to tell you if it is up to date. They regularly push drivers for Intel graphics like the one you list and those drivers aren’t usually the best. Integrated graphics are not recommended for use with Sketchup and the Intel GPU’s have a track record of less than adequate support for OpenGL.

Also, when you installed, and reinstalled, SketchUp did you do so by right clicking on the downloaded installer and choosing Run as administrator? If not, it is not installed correctly. Installing it correctly may help; it certainly won’t hurt.

1 Like

Thank you. Good points. I’ll give those a try. Thanks again.

It was the graphics driver. I’m back in business. Appreciate the help very much.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.