Blank Screen Editor (Modeling Area)

I Installed the SketchUp 2019 But, When I Open The Editor It’s Shows a Blank Screen Like This:

How Can I Fix That?

8GB of Ram
Intel HD Graphics 3000

This is your problem.

Go to Window>Preferences>OpenGL. Untick the box for Use Fast Feedback. This may help.

Integrated graphics and especially Intel HD Graphics adapters are known to be less than adequate in their OpenGL support. Microsoft is also known to push broken drivers for Intel graphics adapters. Go to the Intel site directly and install their lastest drivers instead of using the ones that come with Windows updates.

Also consider the following from the Release Notes for SU2019.

Compatibility Mode for Windows 10

It is no longer necessary to run SketchUp in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode was employed for several SketchUp releases as a workaround for problems with older Intel HD 2000 and HD 3000 GPUs on Windows 10. These GPUs have been deprecated by Intel on Windows 10 and because this workaround introduced problems of its own, it has been removed. As a result SketchUp, LayOut, and Style Builder will no longer run with Intel HD 2000 and HD 3000 GPUs on Windows 10.

Probably the best thing is to look at upgrading your old hardware.

I didn’t work, but I checked OpenGL version and Graphics card detail and the result:Capt432ure

Time for a new computer with a decent graphics card.

Try to upgrade your Nvidia graphics card driver from the Nvidia website, yours is quite old. Also check in the Nvidia control panel 3D application settings that SketchUp is set to use the Nvidia card. NVS cards are mostly meant for business applications so nothing to write home about in SketchUp use, but a driver upgrade might still help. I have an old medium spec Quadro FX card that might be even older than yours and it still works OK.

1 Like

There are times when having the use fast feedback checked can fix the better Intel GPUs.

Also, going into Graphics Settings and adding SketchUp to the list of apps, then in Options you can set which GPU it should use, may help.

And, there is currently a Windows issue where how SketchUp does can depend on which monitor you are using SketchUp on.