Black cursor not responding

Hello to all .
I just reinstall the win 10 , and Sketchup make 2017 .
I got a problem . Black cursor is not responding , or very very late . So i can not select object , tools …
It is first time when this problem occurs
Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
Thanks a lot .

This sort of thing is commonly caused by inadequate graphics cards/drivers. What is the GPU in your computer? Please complete your profile with the information.

Make sure the graphics drivers are up to date by checking directly with manufacturer’s website. Don’t trust Windows to tell you this. Download and install the latest drivers.

Did you install SketchUp correctly? That is, did you right click on the downloaded installer file and choose Run as administrator? If not or if you don’t remember, do that now and choose the Repair option.

In SketchUp’s Preferences>OpenGL, look at the box for Use Fast Feedback, change its state. If it is ticked, untick it. If it isn’t ticked, do so. See what happens.

@gi0, for your profile …

Forum search …

https://forums.sketchup.com/search?q=slow%20selection

Before reinstall windows , everything was going well .

Most likely the reinstallation of Windows included a bad driver for the integrated GPU. That’s extremely common. Windows updates regularly contain driver updates for the integrated graphics.

FWIW, Intel integrated GPUs like the one you show in your screen shot are well-known to be weak in the OpenGL department and thus are not recommended for Sketchup anyway.

Did you make sure SketchUp was installed correctly? Did you experiment with the Fast Feedback setting?

Reinstall three time , same problem .

Reinstalled what three times?

Sketchup …
Yes,yes, yes …!!! Thanks a lot Mr Dave !!! Thank you very very very much !!!
I did DRIVERS update to the graphics card and to the firmware .
Everything goes perfectly in windows 10 :+1: :+1: :+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.