Autosave deselecting my selection!

Dear SketchUp Team. Is it possible to not deselecting my selection, not interrupting an action or a command when an autosave happen. Thank you.

3 Likes

A looooong time ago I switched Autosave to Off to avoid that problem as well as long wait when working with large files.

I developed a working habit to save frequently, especially after doing a substantial modification.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s possible but you can disable autosave or set the saving time intervals so you don’t have this problem so frequently. I also find it annoying sometimes but I prefer to lose less time of work in case of a crash.

We have a discussion going on about this, and if there is something we can do about it.

The selection is not normally lost when an autosave happens, but it can happen if you are editing inside a group or component, and you are using certain extensions (Profile Builder for example).

The change that introduced that possible behavior was in 2021.1, released 2 1/2 years ago. It’s only recently that a couple of people have reported the problem.

1 Like