Applying paint to walls

Oh no no. Currently there is no texture/colour applied to the walls and I tried to apply the paint which you can find in my “colours in model” — it’s the last screenshot, called Old White.

Floors, z-fighting and 2D symbols is not my concern since this is WIP.

If you can try to apply that Old White screenshot to any of the walls you will see that it is applying it as an image and shows the “ends” or whoever you say it so it looks like a pattern, and not a seamless paint. This is super strange as I’ve applied wall paint from screenshots with no issues before.

Oh wow, this is so helpful! — how do I correct my correct tag usage then?

This?

It’s showing like that because it’s not an even color across the image. It’s lighter on one side than the other. The image has to tile because it’s not large enough to cover the wall in one go. You could increase the size of the texture by editing it in the Colors panel.

I use a plugin from Sketchucation called Default Tag Geometry which goes through the entire model and fixes it. I use it because it provides a report. You could also use CleanUp3 from the Extension Warehouse.

Yes, that’s exactly what the problem is :sweat_smile:
How do I edit it in the Colours panel? :thinking:

I don’t like to overload myself and my SketchUp with extensions, no matter how useful they are, but I will try to get the CleanUp3…

I found a solution for applying the paint correctly! F&B changed their website and I took a screenshot from their new format which is not an even colour. I just googled the colour and was able to get a good even screenshot and problem was solved — thanks very much!

Since it’s just a color, I would probably have tried to get the RGB values for it and then edited a simple color to match. using a simple color instead of an import image will keep the file size down more. You’ll have to dig into the Edit options in the Colors panel. I’m on PC and it looks totally different.

Thank very much for all your help!

1 Like

Here’s your purged file. I replaced the screen grab with a plain color that I edited to match.
Apartment purged.skp (12.8 MB)

1 Like

Oh wow, thank you very much!