Applying paint to walls

Hello there,

I am not sure what’s going but I’ve been trying to apply paint to my walls (the easiest task of all) and it’s acting weird. It’s either applying it with visible lines (like in a pattern — never happened to be before) or applies it only to skirting boards but not the walls — walls are bare.

I tried to bring a new texture into my “colours in model” and that’s when it would make a pattern out of my screenshot. I also tried File — Import — Import as texture and it wouldn’t apply to the wall but only to skirting boards. What’s going on?

Share your .skp file so we can see what you are working with.

1 Like

How do I do this?

Drag and drop the SketchUp file in a reply or, if it’s too large, upload it to Dropbox and share the link.

Hmmm the file is too big and I haven’t used Dropbox in ages. Maybe through google drive or any other way?

Google Drive works too

Hi Dave, are you able to access it?

Nope. You need to make it so I can download it.

If you click on the link I shared there is a download button:

There is for you because it’s your Google Drive account. Not for me.

Screenshot - 8_22_2022 , 3_56_56 PM

Ahh I thought if I click on “share” (as I did) it would share the link that I copied. I guess it only works if I have your email…let me see how else I can share it via google drive.

You just need to change the permissions for the file.

OK…but first try this wetransfer link first WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

…and I also changed the permission for that google drive link

I got it from the WE Transfer link. Hang on while I look.

thanks very much!

OK. Looking.

I don’t see any material applied to the walls. I see you have a texture on the floor and there’s z-fighting because you have 2D symbols laying on the floor. Is that what you are referring to?

If that’s not it, what material are you trying to apply to the walls?

By the way, you have a lot of incorrect tag usage. ALL edges and faces should be untagged.
Screenshot - 8_22_2022 , 4_28_25 PM

And a lot of unused stuff that could be purged.
Screenshot - 8_22_2022 , 4_29_26 PM
This reduced the file size by more than 50%.