Anyone having issues with 3d Warehouse?

Anyone else having problems with 3d warehouse? I keep getting this message

" We are completing some maintenance, sorry for any inconvenience.

Feel free to visit our forums and thank you for your patience and understanding.

SketchUp Status Page"

1 Like

I haven’t been able to use 3D Warehouse all day. I’ve tried restarting, signing out and back in. I’m working on a model with live components that I can’t configure. If anyone has figured this out, I’d love to know how to fix it.

It says this:

We are working on it…

We are completing some maintenance, sorry for any inconvenience.

Feel free to visit our forums and thank you for your patience and understanding.

SketchUp Status Page

I hope things started working for you eventually. The configuration feature makes use of other servers, and one of those may have been having problems. It seems to be working now.

Thanks it’s working today. :+1:

It’s most certainly not working today. I’m trying to access the 3D Warehouse via Google Chrome, and get the same message the others have described.
error

1 Like

Have you tried signing out of your Trimble aaccount and then signing back in? That seems to be working for others who have had the problem.

Still not working. I signed out and back in on the Trimble account management page with the same results. I have also tried restarting the computer.

I am using Sketchup 2017. Is there reason to believe that 3D Warehouse functionality would improve with the purchase of, say, a Sketchup Shop subscription?

I’m having the same issue with 2021 version so its not an 2017 problem… I haven’t been able to get on for about four days now!

The 3D Warehouse hasn’t supported SketchUp 2018 or 2017 for months so the direct 3D Warehouse UI in SU2017 Make is not functional. To get components from the 3D Warehouse to use in SketchUp 2017 Make you would have to get the Collada version via your internet browser and import the included .dae file.

The 3D Warehouse does support SketchUp Shop, though, so you could import components directly into Shop.

As you are evidently using SketchUp as a hobbyist, you could also use SketchUp Free which is also web-based and supported by the 3D Warehouse.

Thank you, DaveR. Sketchup Collada works! This is a great help.

Of course, I already understand that Warehouse functionality within 2017 Make no longer exists; as I said, I was attempting to access the Warehouse through my browser.

I wonder how people are expected to know about Collada? This seems another example of Sketchup/Trimbe being very far flung and disjointed.

The 3D Warehouse has normally only supported the current and previous two versions of SketchUp for years. They did delay dropping support for 2018 and 2017 until last year but I imagine COVID had something to do with that. ( I would expect them to drop support for SketchUp 2019 within the next month or so although that’s only a guess.) That saves server space because they don’t need to convert and store uploaded components and models for a whole bunch of SketchUp versions. The Collada version has been offered to users for more than a decade. Not a far flung or disjointed thing at all. Server space costs money and users of Make and old Pro versions aren’t doing anything to help with those costs. It makes more sense to offer those users a single file type that works with any SketchUp version.

Another reason for the lack of support has to do with changes in web security and, for some versions discontinuation of security updates for Internet Explorer which was used for the interface with the Warehouse. Things outside of Trimbles control change with time.

s same here

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.