Another One For Aaron to Model

Here’s another suggestion for @TheOnlyAaron.

I can get you as many photos of it as you want since it now lives here. :smiley:

16 Likes

Not bad for 64 years old.

5 Likes

You bought a '56 T-Bird? NICE!

1 Like

Yep. It was my wife’s father’s. He sold it about 12 years ago and the people who bought it decided to sell it this summer. My wife saw it and decided we need it. Unfortunately I seem to be too tall to drive it. :frowning:

4 Likes

The dog looks impressed, very proud. :smiley:

2 Likes

He’s hoping for a ride. :smiley:

1 Like

I think we all are.

3 Likes

Glad you got it back. Sat in one once, yes they are a bit tight or did so for my 6’ height. Very slick, enjoy and take care of it.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s snug for me, too.

In fact, you are bigger than your avatar would suggest :wink:

1 Like

My wife’s uncle ran a shop in PA that specialized in maintenance and restoration of old Tbirds. At one time I think he owned six. That one looks to be in prime condition.

Weird to think that in the 50’s a 1932 Model A Ford was considered to be a real antique at merely 25 years old!

2 Likes

Looks brand new, not like me (I’m 65).
Happy to hear that I wouldn’t fit in either (at 6’4")

1 Like

@DaveR Nice set of wheels!

I shrunk almost 2’’ in 30 years…
there’s only 6’5’’ left
Gained some weight, though :frowning:

5 Likes

That is gorgeous! Congratulations. Does it have electric or manual seats? I am on the taller side with a love of vintage cars too, so I feel your knee pain. Here is some discussion on changing the seat location for a T-bird:

More leg and head room -- manual seats - Vintage Thunderbird Club International

Now, if only you had some way to visualize the planned modification in 3D. :thinking:

1 Like

Buys vintage car
babymeme_620x310-dsghuu4e57q2783lwl2_ct300x300
Wife thinks it was her idea

9 Likes

Lol my wife was NOT onboard when I got my Mustang (not classic) this year :wink:

Manual and as far as I can tell, they are all the way back. Will look at the link. Thanks.

That is what they call a keeper!

5 Likes

The car, or the spouse? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alas, I would easily fit. Shame that I don’t have a driving license.