Modeling Suggestion for Aaron

Here we go. This looks like fun.

1930 Henderson Streamline KJ

4 Likes

Why are these never nice cuboid shapes?

3 Likes

I guess because they wouldn’t be very streamlined? :smiley: Besides, anyone can model Minecraft trees.

4 Likes

Nice one, Dave.
Once Aaron has perfected the front end of that beauty, he might be more amenable to doing my ‘tongue-in-cheek’ French horn suggestion …? :wink:

How about this @TheOnlyAaron?

2 Likes

The COVID Mower

5 Likes

The wonderful Mopetta, such a shame they didn’t go into full production, I think less than 20 were made.

1 Like

1949 Delahaye 175S Saoutchik Roadster

4 Likes

Dave, you sent me on a bit of wander looking at Delahaye that went off on a bit of a tangent that took me to a slightly different challenge for the one and only.

5 Likes

Nah! He’ll do that in less than 5 minutes, without making the video and saving the model!

2 Likes

As much as I hate spiders (shudder)… I have to admit that is a cool looking thing right there.

3 Likes

@Box well if you want to go down that road, how about something from this collection? Fully working scaled engines and clocks, milled from scratch by my neighbour in his garage workshop …
1025088_orig
1810906_orig
8429613_orig

8 Likes

Those are beautiful! I have modeled a couple of steam engines and plenty of machined parts, but never done clock innards!

here’s a few more to inspire you …:wink:

5350115_orig

4 Likes

@Philip_H , what is that “rocking bed” under the clock for? Never seen something like that before…

It’s called a ‘Congreve Clock’. The bed is held at each end by a wire and also at an angle left to right; there’s a steel ball that runs in the channel back and forth from one end to the other of the “rocking bed” and clicks like a clock at each corner it turns around on the bed. When it gets to end of the slope at one end, the gear mechanism lifts the plate up again and the ball carries back down the slope in the other direction again. The whole traverse from one end to the other takes one minute.

2 Likes

Cool mechanism!!

@TheOnlyAaron asked for more suggestions of things to model.

6 Likes