Hello SketchUp Community!
tl;dr: We’re launching SketchUp Shop, a more advanced version of SketchUp Free for an affordable subscription price of $119/year.
Last November, we launched SketchUp Free – a new version of your favorite 3D modeling application that runs natively in your web browser. Always up-to-date, available to you from (almost) any computer with a web browser. In the months that followed, we continued to launch new features every couple of weeks, watching and learning all the time.
Many of you asked if we could release a more capable version of SketchUp for a price lower than a full license for SketchUp Pro. A version a bit more capable for DIY-designers, builders and makers of things. Something you could use more easily in the shop to interface with 3D printers, CNC routers and other fun shop machines. Something that wouldn’t break the bank.
We listened, and are happy to announce a product we developed with you in mind. We’re calling it SketchUp Shop, and it’s available as a subscription for $119/year… SketchUp Shop is designed to help you explore ideas, communicate them more expressively, and ultimately turn them into real projects. Here are the highlights:
- Advanced Solid Tools: To help you with 3D printing complex forms, SketchUp Shop includes all of SketchUp Pro’s Solid Tools.
- Outliner: Because sometimes your models get more complex when you’re building them up from components and sub-assemblies, SketchUp Shop adds a new Outliner UI to help you manage your model more effectively.
- Material Creation: Sometimes you need to make new materials from scratch; SketchUp Shop adds material creation and editing to the basic material browser.
- Removable Watermark: Don’t care for that SketchUp logo in the top right corner of your models? We’re partial to it, but that doesn’t mean you have to be. Remove it when you upgrade to SketchUp Shop.
- Importers and Exporters: We know that you often need to move your models from one application to another, especially when you’re working with robotic tools like CNC routers. SketchUp Shop adds support for all of SketchUp Pro’s 2D and 3D model importers and exporters.
- Unlimited Projects, Unlimited Storage: Store as many models as you want with an upgraded Trimble Connect account (included with a SketchUp Shop subscription).
- Collaborate with Others: Use Trimble Connect’s project sharing features to work together with others on larger and more complex projects.
For those of you who can’t use SketchUp in your web browser, we’re still keeping the installers for SketchUp Make (2017 and 2016) available, just like before. And as always, if you need all the bells and whistles of SketchUp Pro, you can still buy a license any time to get the classic full desktop 3D modeling experience. We think you’re going to love SketchUp Shop, though. Learn more about why we made it, and why it just might be a perfect fit for you.