All projects lost - cannot access them

Try clearing your internet history/caches and sign in again.

Check the status of SketchUp. https://status.sketchup.com/

After many failed attempts from my primary device, I tried a different one and managed to find models. Looks like the owner of the connection I use is blocking access to models.
Problem understood, if not fully solved. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

This happened to me late last year. I had models open when an update ran. Everything that had been saved to Trimble was lost and did not come back even on a different computer.

I can see my folder and my project, however instead of my drawing I see “Helen” standing in the middle of the void world. I can not find the things I draw and can not restore it using history. I wonder is there a way this is temporary, or should I redo everything.

Share the .skp file with us. Maybe you have done something to hide or otherwise make your model not visible.

I have the same issue. Can’t see any projects created at all. How can I restore them?

A simple check is to make sure that you are logged into Trimble using the same email address that was used when the missing models were created.

usually, refreshing (a few times) will get them back, otherwise, try to delete the browser’s cache.

https://status.connect.trimble.com/

One more screenshot

чт, 15 апр. 2021 г. в 16:42, Tom Dahl via SketchUp Forum <sketchup@discoursemail.com>:

what happens if you go to connect.trimble.com, sign in, select a file and choose ‘Edit in SketchUp’ ?

Thanks for the advice, but there are no files in trimble that I can select and open in sketchup. As I mentioned above all my files I created disappeared and I can’t see them. While logging in to trimble there is a circle in the mid of the screen indicating page loading, but nothing comes up, just lasting and lasting.

чт, 15 апр. 2021 г. в 17:54, Jack de Moel via SketchUp Forum <sketchup@discoursemail.com>:

Do you have another browser? Try that and see if it is different.
What browser version is running currently?

Yes, I do. Have tried in Chrome and Edge, even tried to log in from other computer. All the same.

пт, 16 апр. 2021 г. в 10:14, Jack de Moel via SketchUp Forum <sketchup@discoursemail.com>:

Did you by chance did anything in your account management portal? Try to remove an account, for instance?

myaccount.trimble.com

If all fails, try to connect with these guys:

connect-support@trimble.com

Maybe, they know what is going on.

No, I didn’t. If that had happened I could never log in back again, I believe. Just found another issue, I can’t manage my account. I can log off and in, but clicking on manage account the page is not opening.
Looks like there is a system issue, so will contact the guys you’ve suggested.
Thanks

пт, 16 апр. 2021 г. в 10:47, Jack de Moel via SketchUp Forum <sketchup@discoursemail.com>:

my school work disappeared too…like I made so many projects already and I cant remember the measurements anymore. LIKE WHAT’S WRONG WITH SKETCHUP???

Trimble connect had a scheduled maintenance break. It should be up again.

i checked again yesterday. it works again :slight_smile: thanks btw