All of my folders and models disappeared

For about 8 months I’ve been using the Sketchup Free web version. The only problem I’ve had is some latency in the program from time to time in spite of a 500mbps connection. Yesterday I learned of Sketchup Make 2017 and installed it today. I went to several drawings that were open at the time I of the installation and tried to save a copy to my computer. All of the drawings had been previously saved. When I tried to save them I saw a new Sketchup startup image that I hadn’t seen previously and the drawings closed. Now there are no drawings or folders in my Trimble connect account. I had multiple folders with a complex workbench, table saw bench, small shelf project and an entire new home workshop that I’m about to build that are apparently lost. That represents several weeks of work. When I go to Open> Trimble Connect> Sketchup I get a message “This folder is empty.” Any ideas?

What happens if you open Trimble Connect? Do you see different locations?

Only the folder and files I have created since opening this topic today are visible. I had several folders with multiple drawings in most in Trimble Connect.

BTW- all of the folders were inside the SketchUp folder. I guess that was the only option anyway; just thought I wold confirm that.

Are you signed in with the same email address when opening Trimble Connect from inside Make, as you are when using SketchUp Free?

1 Like

Yes, same credentials for both but I quit trying to use Make and went back solely to Free. No idea if it’s related but the files in Free disappeared when I opened Make. I had Free open at the time and was going to save the files to my local hard drive so I could open them in Make but when I went to the open sessions of Free they closed and went back to my browser home screen.

FWIW I have 25 years of system and network analyst experience so I know about file structure, folders, passwords and the like. Not trying to say I know it all but just letting the respondents know that it’s not a case of someone not understanding that sort of thing.

I’m sure our system is complicated enough to defeat even Einstein. Not that he was much of a PC or Mac expert…

You could send a message to me if you like, with something about your credentials. I could look for oddities.

When you went back to Free, did the files come back?

Colin and I have been communicating privately. For anyone that’s researching this issue, my models did not return when I went back to Free. I lost every design I had created prior to installing Make 2017 and after several days all of the files are still missing.