All my extensions are missing

I have not used SU Pro 2021 within the last 6 weeks and when I open SU all of the previously installed extensions are missing. Is this somehow related to the latest Windows 10 update? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Are the extensions actually missing? Did you look in the User/App Data/Roaming/SketchUp/… Plugins folder? Are they there?

When you installed SketchUp 2021 did you right click on the downloaded installer and choose Run as administrator?

They are not in the path …\Plugins folder. I checked the Extension Warehouse and they show as being downloaded.

In reference to the initial installation, I don’t remember if Run as administrator was selected.

You’re looking in the user/AppData/Roaming path? That’s normally a hidden directory.

I would suggest that you close SketchUp, find the downloaded installer, and use Run as administrator from the Context menu. Then choose the Repair option if/when it is presented. Failure to use Run as administrator on Windows 10 can result in issues with folder permissions not being set correctly. Windows security stuff. Do that and then see if your extensions show up.

My file permissions are set to View Hidden. I searched by Extension name and found them all to be in the Recycle bin. I did not delete these files so not sure why they were deleted.
I will try the Repair Option and see if this corrects the problem.

The Repair option is a good idea but I doubt it will return the extensions to the Plugins folder from the Recycle Bin. You could perhaps restore those files back to the Plugins folder. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of extensions getting dumped to the Recycle Bin from the Plugins folder. Makes me wonder if that Windows update did something screwy.

As you stated the repair option when Run as Administrator did not correct the problem. There are many associated files related to SU Extensions in the Recycle Bin all of which have a cryptic path. I think a better approach would be to reinstall from my list of downloaded files instead of restoring from the recycle bin

At this point I would agree with you that doing fresh installation would be the best option. It’s a puzzle as to how those files got to the Recycle Bin. SketchUp wouldn’t do that on its own. I suppose Windows might do it if there was a folder permissions issue but who knows. Maybe it was a combination of the phase of the moon and how you were holding your tongue.

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.