A little help creating an array?

I am have been having difficulty creating an array.
In the tutorial, instruction #3 is:
" To tell SketchUp that you want to duplicate the selected entities, press and RELEASE the Ctrl (Microsoft Windows) or Option (macOS) key. Next to the four-way arrow cursor, a plus sign appears."
(I have capitalized Release).
What I eventually noticed was that the plus sign activated by pressing Ctrl would disappear when I released Ctrl.
I then executed the same series of commands while holding Ctrl and was successful.
Is this a function option or setting that I have have not set properly?
Just a quirk?
Something I need to address? or just move along knowing that I need to adjust some commands?

I would answer but your profile is offensive.

Yes, you’re going to run into difficulties with that graphics card. I don’t know if the Love You cards are any better to be honest but having the right graphics card unlocks potential. Including potentially useful answers here.

yikes -
Thank you Im not sure how that got in there???

I can’t edit or erase it

whew-fixed

The trick is to not hold cntrl or option, but to just tap it once to activate copy. Tap it again to deactivate the copy function. There’s no way to alter this functionality, so no need to worry about settings.

So, to recap. When creating an array, select your item, and using the move tool, click on it once and let go. Start moving your mouse in the desired direction and tap cntrl/option and you’ll see a duplicate appear. Type in your desired distance and hit return. Before doing anything else, set your array (2x, 3x, etc).

a describing subject would be nice too.

I edited the title to add “creating an array”.

2 Likes