3d warehouse with my 2018 version?

Hello, I can’t download models longer from the 3 d warehouse with my 2018 version of scetchup ?
Please help me on this. Br Eilev

Use your regular internet browser and download the model you want, save it to your machine where you will find it easily.

Download, install and use Eneroth Open Newer Version - you should be good to go now.

Windows only…

See:

Aaaah, yes, of course. Well I guess the only other work-around (apart from converting to a Windows machine or upgrading your SketchUp) is, as already mentioned:

Use your regular internet browser and download the model you want but be sure to download in the Collada file format, save it to your machine where you will find it easily. Import that into SketchUp.

Or browse the 3D Warehouse in the Components panel and download components there.

Hmmm, as the 3DWH doesn’t keep 2018 file format, will this even work?

It works for models that were uploaded as SU2018 or earlier.

Seems like a bit of a roulette game then.

The components window will only show components that can be downloaded.

I guess a roulette game is what you get for choosing to continue using an old, outdated version.

1 Like

Or Trimble could find a way to support the use of the 3D Warehouse with older versions (e.g., convert-on-demand). I suspect that many users would rather wait a minute for the conversion than to be unable to utilize a given model.

1 Like

They can utilize any model on the 3D Warehouse by downloading the Collada file. With the change in the SketchUp file format that happened with the 2021 release that’ll be less of an issue going forward because 2021 will be able to open files from newer versions without the need for them to be converted.

No, it is called engineered obsolesce.