3D warehouse requires internet connection

But you do have access to this forum (forums.sketchup.com)
How did you get here? Other machine?

Hi Mike, yep access to the forum, access to normal internet etc from the same machine. Its just sketchup - 3D warehouse, extensions and logging in and out of the program.
…crazy!

It takes a while for me to run out of ideas!

Both warehouses do get upset if port 443 is blocked. Can you test to see if it is blocked?

In the command prompt window you can try this:

telnet extensions.sketchup.com 443

If it gets locked up, or shows any error, the port is blocked. If the screen clears, then the port is ok. Ctrl-c will get you out of telnet.

If telnet isn’t enabled on your system you can get to its checkbox to enable it by opening “Turn Windows features on or off”.

Have you tried by disabling your firewall temporarily? Also do you have more than one security program running?

Thanks everyone for you help. I got it!!!
Ended up being a simple solution…of course! My router had gone into a limited mode and while I had some access it was not functioning properly. Just turned it off and back on and all is working now.

I really appreciate everyone’s input and ideas!
Enjoy the rest of your week.

1 Like

I am having this issue as well and when I run telnet in Command Prompt i get an error that says “could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect Failed” any ideas on what I should do hear

however when i type the telnet command and add the 443 to the end of it the screen clears as you suggested should happen. I still have no access to the 3D warehouse through the sketchup app but can access it from anywhere else on the same computer

We had an issue earlier, where even we saw a message about being offline when trying to access 3D Warehouse. The problem seemed to go away just under an hour ago.

Not mine & I have tried all that has been mentioned above !!!

Still using SketchUp 2018?

yes. SketchUp has not improved enough over the years to move to the annual subscription

I am also experiencing the same problem. I can’t access 3D warehouse for hours now. I also did what you suggested and did not work. Any other suggestions?

hi. you fixed it already?

Sorry, but i haven’t sorted the problem. I am using a time consuming work-round.
Using your internet browser, bring up 3d Warehouse. Find the model you want. Click Download then choose the Collada file option and download it onto your computer, then unzip the file.
In SketchUp. Go to File > Import > then go to where you downloaded the file to, usually Downloads >
click on the file, if then you find more than one item in the folder, click on the .DAE file. The item should then appear in your SketchUp model.
Not a cure to the problem and time consuming, but a work-round, until someone comes up with something.

1 Like

thank you so much, will do this for the time being

You shouldn’t need that work around in SU2021 or in SU2018, for that matter.

I have SU2018. Nothing mentioned on the ‘3D warehouse requires internet connection’ has worked for me.

But if you are going to the 3D Warehouse in your browser to download files, why aren’t you just downloading the SketchUp 2018 version of the file? Why are you downloading the Collada file and importing the .dae file?

Screenshot - 7_15_2021 , 10_28_03 AM

So there has to be something different on your computer that prevents you from accessing the 3D Warehouse within SketchUp. It works for others so what is different between your computer and theirs?

Did you install SU2018 by right clicking on the downloaded installer and selecting Run as administrator? Have you tried repairing the installation using that method?

Thank you for replying. Sketchup is running as administrator.
This problem first occurred about 3 months ago, but I could still access 3D Warehouse via the Components Box. After about 3 days it rectified itself without me doing anything. This time, I can’t access the 3D Warehouse via Components Box.
Your final question. ’ … so what is different between your computer and theirs?’ your guess is as good as mine!

That’s not the same as using Run as administrator when installing it.

Why don’t you at least try repairing the installation as I suggested. It might help. Certainly won’t hurt.