3d mockup of property development

Hi all

I know very little about SketchUp and am looking for someone to either help me tackle a project or possibly do it for me. :slight_smile:

A friend has some land to sell (about 160 acres) and he would like to develop it virtually as an aid to selling it. Among the things he would like to model are: a luxury log cabin, horse arena and stables, tennis court, mini-golf, a working observatory, boat docks and so on. He would like the final product to be in the form of a video flyover / walkthrough of this virtual world. The other caveat is that he would like to incorporate the “real” topography – probably from Google Earth.

What I would really like is to hire someone to create a “starter” phase I project for me, with the understanding that I am able to modify/extend it at a later date. This phase I would involve pulling in the topography data, mocking up the house exterior and a few of the other elements: whatever ones are the easiest. It would need to be compatible with SketchUp Make 2017.

Would anyone be interested in doing this? And what would you charge? What raw materials would you need to do this effectively?

Thanks,
Corinne

Hi Corrine,

I would be glad to help you with this. You can either reach me via my website, Contact Us – Renewable Engineering or via private message (by clicking on the pink circle with the R next to my name). In fact I will go ahead and send you a private message.

• Tom

In my opinion, this is a commercial use, which requires a Pro license.
You can hire someone who has a Pro license, to do the work, and not violate the Terms of Use.

1 Like

HI Dan

Thanks for your feedback about the license. I had a slightly different interpretation of it in that we are not selling the end product for profit. However, you are not the first to point this out to me, so I suspect my interpretation is inaccurate.

Thanks, Dan. I am going to look into either hiring someone, or getting this done in Blender (although I don’t think that is really the right tool for the job).

•      Corinne

Good evening Corinne,

If you are still looking for someone to provide SketchUp modeling services for your project, then I would be more than happy to discuss it with you and provide you a proposal. Currently I am using SketchUp Pro 2017 to design and develop documents for my projects. Feel free to look at some of my work at www.1adesign.space.

Thank you and have a great evening,

Chad Anderson
1 A Design