3D Connexion driver Support for 2021

Any chance you could post it? Or the link to register your interest in trailing the Beta?

I sent an email to Support at 3Dconnexion (on Sunday, through their website) and explained that:

1. I develop extensions for SketchUp on Windows (which I do);
  2. I need to confirm that my extensions work correctly in SU2021; and
  3. I use the SpaceMouse exclusively for panning and zooming.

I sent the request on Saturday and got an initial response on Monday, and a link on Tuesday. Standard warning at the bottom of the email about contents and links being only for the intended recipient and that it is not recommended to be used in a production environment.

Thanks!

Quick update on the 3Dconnexion extension for SU2021 on Windows.

The plugin build that has been shared with customers passed testing successfully and will be included in the final build of v. 10.7.1 of 3DxWare 10 (the driver suite). The zip file is “3DxSketchUp_v5-2-0_r17889_x64.zip”.

Version 10.7.1 is expected to be made available for general download within the next two weeks, barring any unforeseen issues found during verification.

1 Like

Have been sent the Beta driver update for (Windows 10) sketchup Pro 2021 and it works great.
Thanks to the support team

2 Likes

Thanks for keeping us updated. Barry1

You’re way ahead of me, @barry1. Thank you posting the link to the FAQ here.

If you can, please edit the link and remove the “uk” bit in the UR, allowing the page to redirect to the correct country page.

Perfect, thanks barry1.

Silly question but, does the prerelease version of the driver for windows work properly with SU2021.2 as well?

Did you mean 2020.2? There is no 2021.2 !

Sorry, yes! 2020.2

The 10.7.0 driver released back in September already supported SketchUp 2020.2. They won’t drop it when 10.7.1 comes out of testing.

So the pre-release version should work with SU2020.2 as well

I have the pre-release driver loaded on my machine and the connexion works in all version that I have on this machine, back to and including 2017.

Thank you, slbaumgartner and Box!

My SKP 2021 on Big Sur crashes on closing a file.

You posted in a topic about 3D connexion. Is there a relevance?

The crashes you are having do seem to be 3DX related. Follow this article, and installer their latest beta driver, should help:

https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support/faq/beta-driver-for-macos-11-big-sur/

Thanks Colin,
I have been updating the latest drivers from the 3DConnexion site, including the one released on 8 Feb. My SpaceMouse works during modelling however Sketchup crashes on closing a file. I have also just updated Big Sur. I also keep an eye on The 3DConnexion forum. I don’t know whether this is a common issue or if it is something to do with my setup. (2017 iMac).

Kind Regards,

Scott Smith

1 Like