2023 Version - Scenes not working properly

Greetings,

After installing version 2023 are not working properly. For example, in 2022 when switching to a pre-established scene the camera jumped to it, but in 2023, clicking on a different scene jumps to a scene which does not exist or another scene which looks like a replacement.

Example: In scene 1 you have a chair and a wall, and in 2, you have a section through that wall showing the chair. Switchin to scene 2 doesn’t show the accurate section through the wall or the desired scene.

Any advice how to avoid this behavior? Thank you.

Not much to go on.

Can you share the model or some screenshots?

Bug Splat everytime when I switch between scenes…pffff…

I worked it out. The scenes had issues in both 2022 and 2023 versions. Apparently it was an issue with the imported model (from Revit) which had OLE automatically generated scenes (broken) which were used to generate other scenes (with add new). I deleted those OLE’s and created new scenes from scratch.

That’s all, thanks.

1 Like

It occurs everytime when I switch between scenes. In SU 2022 I never had bugsplats…:((((

It would be interesting to see one of your models that exhibits this problem. I haven’t had any issues with Bug Splats and scenes in any version of SketchUp including SU2023.

Hi Dave, I use SU since V1 and I also never had these issues before, never. I have Crash #12173…Changed my Nvidia settings but that didn’t solve it. Removed all scenes etc etc…Then again my trays on my second monitor remain black at startup…SU 2023 is full of bugs.

Sorry for asking.

I’m sure you don’t want anyone to offer an alternative report but I’m not having any problems with bug splats in SU2023. I’ve been using it every day since before it was released with no trouble.

Off topic…

I hear what you’re saying, indeed I recently reported on another thread just one black tray incident in a month of using SketchUp pretty much non stop during the working week and since then not at all.

Clearly it’s affecting some (most?) not at all and others to varying degrees.

I’m sure the SketchUp team are working on it but I can appreciate that something like this could be quite hard to pin down as it could system specific.

For me if it happens again I will just toggle the tray off and back on again and the black will be gone.

As for your problematic scene behaviour, like Dave, this is not an issue for me.

1 Like

Thanks Paul…fact is that I have numerous bugs in the 2023 version. I’m working on a pc, windows 11, RTX 3080 and 64gb ram by the way…I switched back to 2022 which works fine. :frowning:

Okay, I think I found the ‘issue’. When I start SU 2023, on my second monitor my trays are filled-in black. When I switch through my scenes while they er black, all goes fine, no bug splats! But after when I slightly resize the tray on my second screen to turn them back in a normal layout (that’s the workaround with this bug) I get a bug splat (#12742) right away when switching the scenes!!! Please SU, please look at this!

It really has something to do with the scenes toolbar in a particular tray…I’m now convinced.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.