2020 Layout Crashing

Hi All!
Layout (2020) keeps crashing when trying to change from raster to vector. It is a simple model with not many components / walls. I have a MacBook pro (mid 2012) with Catalina. Here is the graphics card info:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I have 4GB Memory

Any ideas or help would be great. Thanks in advance

Can you share the LO file? We can see if we get the same result or can sort out what it is that is causing the problem.

Hi Dave R!
Thank you for the quick reply. Please see attached. https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzz30cdirwvrr65/LAYOUT_BASEMENT_2.0.layout?dl=0

OK. After doing a couple of things I was able to get the vector render to complete as desired. First, I purged unused stuff. This probably wasn’t the problem but it might have been. In any case, purging unused stuff is a good idea.
Screenshot - 7_10_2020 , 7_56_24 PM

The style you are using for the scene is a “sketchy” style. It won’t render as vector because the lines are created by raster png images. It’s actually easy to tell this by looking at the Edge panel in the Styles window.
Screenshot - 7_10_2020 , 7_57_28 PM

You can also open the style in Style Builder and see that it is made of a single stroke.

I changed the style to the default Hidden Line style but I added Profiles set to 1 and turned off Section Fills.I set Section Lines to 2, as well.
Screenshot - 7_10_2020 , 8_08_25 PM

And after updating the scene, saving the changes, and updating the LayOut reference, rendering in Vector works just fine.

Purging unused reduced the file size by almost 96.5%.
LAYOUT_BASEMENT_2.0 dr.layout (1.3 MB)

Thank you so much!
Greatly appreciated. Enjoy your weekend!

1 Like