2016 layout crashes all the time

Hi there, I’m new to this forum and have been adapting my use of my Sketchup and Layout to accommodate all the crashes I seem to have with my Layout 2016, but it’s finally got to the stage where I cant really create any plans anymore.

I’m using 10.14.1 Mojave operating system and Layout crashes almost immediately on opening it or trying one function-like labelling.

Can anyone point me to where I’m going wrong? Do I need to reinstall an older operating system for it to work? Is that difficult?

Many thanks, Emma

Can you update to a newer build? LayOut 2016 is now three major versions old. We shipped LayOut 2019 in January, and are working on LayOut 2020 now. It is easier to update to the latest version, I think, than it is to revert your OS to an older version?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I dont really make enough money out of using it to keep updating so i’d rather not if possible, but I appreciate it is probably easier.
Thanks

Do you have enough memory to run a virtual machine with the older version of Mac OS X for which 2016 was designed? Or even a Windows 7 or 10 Virtual Machine?

The latest one or maybe two versions of Parallels work well (earlier versions only support OpenGL 2.1, and SU needs 3.0 or later), and isn’t too expensive, or there are free VMs like Virtual Box or VM Ware.

Hi John, I would have to look into this as I’m not savvy with that kind of thing. But thank you for your help, I’ll see what I can do.
All the best,
Emma