Zoom extents issue?

when I hit zoom extents, it takes me to nothingness. I have to use one of my scenes to get back in.what
why?
House.skp (7.9 MB)

Upload your model so someone can have a look.

You have some stray geometry somewhere.

done. (post minimum 10)

Or possibly some text attached to geometry that has since been deleted and thus ā€˜movedā€™ the text to infinity.

Iā€™ve not added any text, and had the issue since before I imported anything.

There is one text somewhere in your model, I canā€™t find it but it is the most likely cause.
Copy and paste into an empty model would probably fix it.

Iā€™ll try that.
Blue wheel of deathā€¦
That fixed things, thanks Box.

When I open your model in SU2021, I get a report of half a dozen duplicate object IDs, fixed.

But Zoom Extents still misbehaves as you describe.

If I window select round your model and cut to clipboard, thereā€™s nothing left to select with Select All. So not apparently stray geometry.

If I paste the clipboard into a new drawing, I lose the scenes, and it takes a long time to paste, but when finished, the model behaves correctly when I re-try Zoom Extents.

Try that, and set up your scenes again. Something in the model has got corrupted.

PS. @Box got there before me.

1 Like

Late to the party, butā€¦

Yes, there was a text gone to infinity. It originally said ā€œupstairsā€. The bug that could cause this issue was fixed in (I think) SU2019, but this is a 2017 model.

2 Likes

Thanks guys.
I did try that John, couldnā€™t be bothered re-setting the scenes. Just using them as zoom extents, that works.