Doors And Windows.skp (142.9 KB)
fencing.skp (1.6 MB)
Framing.skp (83.7 KB)
Glasses and Plates.skp (513.4 KB)
HOUSE.skp (850.4 KB)
Spiral Staircase.skp (331.5 KB)
Stairs.skp (115.9 KB)
Custom Cabinets.skp (283.1 KB)

Do Suggest improvements, if you find any.

@JustinTSE

Do you plan on adding joinery or battens with fasteners to connect everything together? Everything else looks fine. The shelves are definitely deep. To keep them from sagging, I think I would add joinery such as dovetailing the tops to the sides and putting all the shelves in dados or grooves for glueing together.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this is not true. The widths of the shelves should be equalized and the legs should be set.

Besides, if you are going to make this shelf, I would add some leg reinforcements.

2 Likes

Doors And Windows.skp (142.9 KB)

I will use your suggestion. Thank You…

Sure. Will do that.

HOUSE.skp (789.0 KB)

Did you model the doors and windows? Inspector showed problems with nested components. It’s hard to model without taking time to see some SketchUp training videos and practicing simple things first. I have been using SketchUp Go just this year, and I would have difficulty modeling these and your house, too. Common problems are nested components, border holes, and short edges.

Obviously not, I am just a beginner, I am learning Sketchup. I am learning from @JustinTSE videos, currently. He is just awesome, he explains everything very nicely. At this stage I am learning and practicing by watching his videos.
I HOPE, soon I’ll get the confidence to create/build my own designs.

Keep at it and don’t get discouraged. It takes me a lot of perseverence and practice. It helps to be thick-skinned and not to take comments personally. You are making a good start.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Your house drawing shows the walls as a single plane. In reality walls have thickness and that should be reflected in your model. As far as your furniture drawings go the large shelf unit will most likely collapse under any load as the is not really much lateral bracing. Take a look at some furniture plans on fine woodworking to see how shelves are dovetailed or slotted into other elements for support. As you continue your learning remember most thing have some level of thickness to them and you should represent that in your drawings. The attached drawing was created with a wall plugin to include the gypsum and framing elements.
Doors.skp (911.3 KB)

1 Like

Thank you for pointing out sir. I will surely reflect on what all you’ve said. Also, thank you for sharing the file. I will go through it.

Chess.skp (358.4 KB)
@DaveR ,Thoughts?

Good start. I would make the chess board level. You should take a look at a real chess set as you are modeling. The King would normally be substantially taller than the rook.

1 Like

Stairs.skp (115.9 KB)

Framing.skp (83.7 KB)

Glasses and Plates.skp (519.9 KB)

I checked it with the Go inspector and made a few simple fixes. The glass had a border hole (the bottom of the glass). In edit component, I drew over one edge line and it closed and the entity showed up solid. The first plate showed some errors and the inspector “fix errors” took care of them and it became solid. Good work. :smiley:
Glasses and Plates.skp (519.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you so much

1 Like