Win 10 Installation of Sketchup Make fails claiming previous version

I’d be grateful for help trying to resolve an issue trying to install Sketchup Make 2016 on a Windows 10 (64bit) PC. The “SketchUpMake-en-x64.exe” Installer starts, but fails each time shortly after the Windows Installer launches. The error message says “Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/ Remove Programs on the Control Panel.” I did previously have Google Sketchup 2008 installed (and working!)on Windows 7 - and this continued to work after upgrading to Windows 10 - but removed it via Add/ Remove Programs, so it no longer appears in the list. After repeated attempts, I even removed all (I’m prety sure?) registry entries relating to this, but still get the above error. Help!? Thank you.

Hello. I’d suggest cleaning your registry and temp folders, in case a memory of the old installation remained. Worked for me when I was fixing my friends’s computers.

This is the short way to the Temp folder:

And this is (arguably) the safest and best utility to keep your computer clean - CCleaner Official Download Page. You can use the registry cleaner to remove the unnecessary junk and errors.