Why cant i get tech support, i paid my bill

i’m starting to think this is the sketch up fail forum…does anyone actually have a work number for these yoyos ?

here i sit…21 hours post crash. not a call. one e-mail in which i was told the problem was fixed. sadly that is not the case, i’m still dead in the water with a crashed software program, bought, and paid for.

guess it’s time to bite the big one, and go back to REVIT.

update: seems the 305 number has blocked me from calling them…nice one

Have you tried to reinstall the program?

i have, and think you for your response…i have reinstalled on both of my computers, both inform me that the lic. has too many users. which sketchup is well aware of (via e-mail). i have sent two more email to “tech support” this morning, as of right now, no response at all.

…and before you ask, yes i did remove the lic. from both computers before i un / re installed both computers…(grin)

Which version of SketchUp are you running?

2017…both computer have run the program up til yesterday without issue

i have tried to install a earlier version of sketchup to just get me thru this issue, and using lic. info i had to those releases, the program failed due to lic. issues, same as what is occured on the versions of 2017 which caused the issue initially. i went as far as reformatting the my back up computer thinking i may have had a virus, but after 4.25 hrs spent on this mission, sadly it failed as well, 23 hrs post crash, not a call at all , and one email stating the problem was fix, which it has not been. a simple call back from sketch up would most likely solve or at least get me to a point whereas i can solve an issue on my end. but sadly i have not received one call back from sketch up. sadly i believe they blocked me from calling the 305 #

Does your license start with “SA”?

yes…correct…it does begin with “SA”

update: my client has cancelled his 2 million dollar project with my firm, and i’m guessing any other projects i could have had in the future. sadly, due to this issue. that’s 7 % of 20 mil in lost revenue, good lord knows how much future revenue will be lost due to this. far less then i would be losing paying for an overpriced software package. at least when an issue occurs, i will be “allowed” to talk to an actual person. i can only blame myself on my choice to use sketch up. vs a higher priced software package. but this failure is a direct result of sketchups ignoring my many requests for help.

Last thing I can think of is if you have multiple versions of SketchUp on your machine it may be causing some issues. Maybe these will help:

thanks, i will look and read the articles you have shared, but i’m thinking it’s time to involve legal help in this issue since now i have a “loss of business” and sketch up is simply ignoring my many requests for help…i give up folks, thanks for the help…i’m done here.

sadly enough i really enjoyed the program, but i as a business man can not afford to depend a software package that is not backed up with tech support.

I feel your frustration and I hope there is a resolve for you over this.

It does seem to be a rather abrupt cancellation of a large project though.

thank you. and i agree, but if i can not deliver nor have any way of informing my client as too IF and WHEN i can have their project delivered. i can’t say as where i blame them.

to this issue, i find it to be in others interests to make the community of arch / eng. group i interact with aware of this issue soas some of my friends / co architects don’t fall into the same crack i have and suffer a major loss to their income due to a software company’s neglect to support their product having already paid up annual fees …it’s 24 +/- hrs since the software crashed. leaving me hanging and waiting on a call back that will never come (17 messages left with sketchup and 4 emails).

maybe i’m used to good service and have been spoiled by a software supplier that really does care about their client and promises made and paid for by me.

The first reply by a SketchUp team members was one hour after your first post, I don’t think it’s fair to repeatedly write that you don’t got a reply. Furthermore there have been several members trying to help you but you aren’t sharing the problem with them…

3 Likes

As much as I enjoy using SU, it is shameful that Trimble’s customer support leaves much to be desired. I find it unfortunate that it is impossible to initiate a telephone conversation with a technical rep or a sales rep. That being said, you may have some success by sending an email to the following email address:

sketchup-pro-sales@sketchup.com

I have recently communicated through this channel and received prompt replies twice in the past.

and you should also contact them through their online webform:

http://help.sketchup.com/en/contact/technical-support

It is doubtful that you will receive an immediate response although I received a reply to my last communication within a few hours. (In fairness to Trimble, the first contact was responded to within two days.)

As a fellow practitioner and an avid SketchUp user, I truly empathize with the situation you have described. I would hope that a finite time period for contract cancellation would be explicitly indicated in your agreement with the client. Although I am not an attorney, I recall my contract usually implies a minimum timeframe of 5 business days for notification by the client to officially rescind an agreement. Thankfully I have rarely found myself in such a contentious position, however, were this condition to manifest, I would immediately communicate with the client to indicate my willingness,and ability to effectively resolve the issue. A positive resolution may yet remain available despite the technical or llcensing issues encountered. If your client keeps the door open for you, I would offer to transfer your materials in the desired format on your behalf. If you would like me to help, just contact me by Private Message.

Assuming that the effort required to assist you would be negligible, I am willing to offer aid at no cost.

i received an email yesterday from Jennifer who had informed my via e-mail several hours later that i had too many computers using the lic. and making jokes over the topic in which i had replied that i only have two computers with sketchup on them, which my lic. allows.

several valuable hours had passed then i message that the problem was indeed on sketchups end and was corrected. i tried steps as described further above in the thread. and tried again, the software failed again. to this i had sent another email stating that this was no time to joking, seeing as i needed the program to run, i needed this issue fixed. no response until this morning, another email stating that the problem had been addressed and corrected. but yet, the software failed to work. mind you, between yesterday and today i have tried multiple time to reach your tech using 303-546-1100, in which i had left my number several times in hopes i would be able to actually talk to a human, i was given another number to call an 855 numer which i tried calling several times yesterday and today…to be put on hold by a machine and told i’d have to wait for a tech person to answer the phone, after several mins. of being on hold, i was asked by a machine to leave a message, which i did leave a call back number. i’m sure my level of frustration can be detected in these messages.

what i find completely interesting is that you, and i assume you work for sketchup knowing info that either i or sketchup would know, has the time to reply via this forum, but sketchup has not found it in their best interests to take the same time to return my call and support your product. how is this in any help to defend yourself as a company by taking the time to reply to this issue but not the time to make a call to possibly correct the problem at hand ?

at this time, i have just tried to call both numbers again. it seems that i’m unable to connect with the 303 number, assuming that sketchup has blocked my number from calling that number considering on another phone, i simply get a busy signal.

so here i sit, with a program that will not run, no phone contact with you (sketchup) and loss of income due to this issue.

at this time 3:29 pm EST i’m still without proper support nd a program that fails to run.

wow…this is sad to hear jvleearchitects and completely unacceptable as a software tech support system. see my reply below. it seems i’m not the only one who is experiencing this issue. thank you for your response. i was starting to think i was a lost puppy looking for a meal.