Who uses the stretch modifier key?

I also had the need for that so I made this extension: Extension | SketchUp Extension Warehouse.

I do this whenever I can. I’d recommend more developers to do it too because it both increases the usability, and gives the extension that extra polished feel.

At first I struggled with screen recorders and codecs and stuff but then ThomThom (I think?) recommended Screenpresso. It’s a brilliant software that just works and I love stuff that just works. I also use Eneroth Viewport Resizer to set exact viewport size before recording, to make it possible to reproduce a nearly identical GIF if I make some changes to the tool in the future (e.g. change the cursor).

2018-04-02_21h44_12

EDIT:

Fellow developers can use the instructors of Eneroth Solid Tools (open source) as reference. They are designed to be very similar to the native ones, with the exception that the link at the bottom actually looks like a link, and not like a title with no content, which makes the whole document easier to parse.

6 Likes

I am a long retired amateur with some previous CAD experience and currently use SU 2016 on a linux based machine (no preaching, I just prefer it as an OS, I am working towards a virtual machine set up to allow 2107 to load). I don’t seem to be able to use any modifier key to apply the alternative PP, I tried ALT, CTRL and the “Windows” key, none seem to work in any way for me. It would be useful to have access to the stretch option as it would allow me to “play” with shapes. I design furniture as an amateur which I then hand build but not for sale. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Hal.

You can test if Alt works at all by see if it unlocks the Move tool. You can also use Move tool instead of this weird Push/Pull modifier to produce the exact same result.

G’day Julia,

Thank you for your reply, ALT with MOVE does work as a Stretch, I

am embarrassed to have missed it. It will prove quite useful,
thank you again.

Hal.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.