When enlarging (zooming) the drawing goes into a point (disappears into infinity)

Have version 2023 on Mac. When enlarging (zooming) I either get cross-sections, or the drawing goes into a point (disappears into infinity). Sometimes it is very difficult to get the drawing back. I did not have this problem with the previous version. Who can help me what to do?

Not if you previously saved at least one scene with an overview of your model, to instantly get it back!

Can you share the file you are having issues with? Do you have geometry placed far from the origin? What happens when you press shift+Z(zoom extents)?

At a guess without seeing your model I would say you are working with the camera set to Parallel Projection and it would work better if you changed the camera to Perspective.

Thank you very mutch. I think that the problem is in geometry (to close). How doe I place it far from the origin?

You don’t want it to be placed far from the origin.

Share the .skp file so we can help you get it sorted out.

Are you really using SketchUp for Schools as your forum profile says? That is a web based version for school children.