What is with the excessive CLIPPING?

The distinction is that objects next to the origin have bad clipping if there is something else in the scene that goes off into the distance.

1 Like

I think the issue is from large extent into whatever direction the camera is looking, not to a specific axis.

Yes, my red and green axis examples would apply to any angle.

Box- How on earth were you able to ferret out the distant group?? I exploded my drawing, selected the local group, and Cut it. While in the buffer, I selected what looked like empty space and hit Delete- I saw the Object statistic listing go down! I then re-pasted my local group- voila- no more clipping. At least for the time being…

Great tip! I also didn’t know the green axis is more suseptible than blue or red, that’s interesting.

Much thanks, and to Colin and others.

Best, as always,
Loren

I’m not Box but I play him on TV. :smiley:

Here’s how I would go about finding the distant entities.

Widen the FOV, fix the style so that edges are displayed, turn on all tags, turn on Hidden Geometry and Hidden Objects. Drag a selection box around the empty space to select the distance stuff. Clearly you have to have the right camera position or it’s difficult to even know there’s anything out there.

With SU2020 you can also select the stuff you know should be there and then invert the selection to discover if there’s distant stuff.

BTW, please complete your profile with SU version, etc.

One comment on the approach you took (aside from what Dave says about making sure anything important is visible), you can Cut, Select All, Delete, but then do Edit/Paste in Place rather than a regular Paste. Then things are back where they came from.

You misunderstood what I wrote, it was happening on the green axis because the object was at a distance along the green axis, if it had been on the red, blue or no axis it would have happened there.

Another option for finding the stray,
Use ctrl+a to select all then hold down shift while drawing a left to right selection fence around what you know you want to keep, this will deselect it (if you happen to be in line with the stray it will deselect that too so you may have to try different angles) anything stray should now show in entity info, hit delete.

MG, I have to much to learn, my head will explode.

Thank you again. I’m spiraling in on the Outliner, wanting it to be Layers.

Best, as always,
Loren

Colin-

Thank you. I am a regular user of Paste in Place- it’s a great feature, I was glad to see it here, I use it regularly here and within InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.

Best, as always,
Loren