Welcome Screen Blank

After installing SketchUp Pro 2020 I am unable to use the application as I am unable to progress past the Welcome screen. I have repaired and reinstalled the application as well as updated my graphic driver and .net but I am still getting the blank welcome screen and I am not able to license the app.

Try to set the default browser in Windows to another then you have right now.
You might try to repair the installation, as well.
(Rightclick on the installer file and choose ‘Run as Administrator’, when prompted, choose repair)

Thanks Mike for the reply.
I have changed the default browser to Chrome, Mozilla and IE as well as performed the repair option and restarted the device between swapping browsers and the issue still persists.
I have even verified that the issue occurs on other profiles on the device.

Something on your system seems to be blocking it. Perhaps antivirus or firewall.

I get exactly the same thing. Has anybody answered this? I cant Access Sketchup the Welcome to sketchup screen is blank!

The welcome screen is a web page, and it’s possible the web cache has some issues.

The cache for SketchUp 2021 is in this folder:

%AppData%\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\

Try renaming or deleting the WebCache folder, then reopen SketchUp.

I don’t know what happened unfortunately. Now it’s working out of the blue after I restarted the computer. Though I had tried this earlier to no effect.

Anyway,

Thanks,

Colin, Is this location a partial location? I am running windows 10 and I don’t see an appdata folder in my root C:\ and my appdata folder in my users directory doesn’t appear to have a cache in it. Please clarify

It’s a hidden folder. If you paste in the text I gave into File Explorer, you would be in the right place. If you are still using SketchUp 2017, the path would be this:

%AppData%\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017\