Sketchup is regularly picking up an inference from the back side of a group. The screenshot says it best:
I’ve explained it live on the screen shot, but to try again here:
- Above I have a wall group, 15cm thick, that is currently selected and in x-ray mode
- I have added a construction line 15cm from the vertical edge of the wall
- I want to draw a line from the bottom edge of the wall where the construction line intersects the bottom edge.
- I approach that intersection with the line tool from below the bottom of the edge.
- As I get near where I would think to expect an inference at the intersection with the construction line, the inference point picked up the inside corner of the wall on the far side of the group (I am in x-ray only to show the problem…this happens with or without x-ray on).
- In my understanding of the inference system, this should never happen.
- What am I misunderstanding? Is there a setting I have wrong?
I’m not sure this is helpful, but this never happened with 2017 and earlier. All versions after 2017 have had this “error”. It drives me to distraction.