Warped Shape... Again?

Components are very important. Identify the replicating thing, make it a component (not a group), move it into place and copy the component. Make the component before you move the shape into place so that the component axes align with the component geometry. Nest components inside components (ie rafter components are inside roof component). Each component has its own coordinate axis system independent of the rest of the model and the tools and inference engine refer to this axis when editing. From your model, it appears you didn’t do this.

Judging by the shape of the structural members, this building is quite old and probably does not adhere to modern construction materials and methods. Don’t get too caught up in exact dimensions, that is a waste of energy. Instead, establish control points in your model early on and model to them, not to the nearest geometry. Divide is useful for spacing repeating components.

Use solid tools to get that funky angle on the ends of the beams.

Loft_ecati-photomatch1.skp (3.2 MB)
Ok I’ve noted up a few tips in the attached which will help estimate the pitch and give ways to help with photomatch. If you’re having difficulty with photomatch there is a second technique using overlay style. Its sometimes easier to get the camera angle using mouse, zoom and field of view and then do the photomatch. The photomatch gives the added advantage of projecting as a material which then allows you to trace the image into geometry.

What I meant was, you are showing the exterior of the house and it seems like you want to be modeling the interior. What I meant by different lines, is that the exterior lines of the building don’t necessarily have to be followed on the inside, ( see image - green vs orange) for example a pitched roof may not have cathedral ceilings on the inside, but a dropped ceiling with attic. Which is to say the interior shapes may want to be different from the “lines” on the exterior. As you already have the roof on the building I’m not sure how important it is to model this on the inside, as the cladding inside will / can look different, so having the right framework of the rafters and studs on the interior is perhaps where your energy should be?