Warehouse 3D

Can you right click in the model file I just sent. The option “Reverse faces” couldn’t be found. Only “Intersect faces”, sorry.

thanks, but still running into difficulty. It might be due to my software needing updated, thanks

I already did that and showed you both a GIF and a screen shot showing that Reverse Faces is displayed in the Context menu. If you won’t look at the GIFs and screen shots I’ve already made for you there’s no point in doing them again.

You aren’t paying attention to what @DaveR has already said and illustrated more than once.

To get the Reverse Faces option showing:

1. Double click on the sofa to open it for editing.
  2. Double click again on one of the arms to open the arm for editing.
  3. Select the blue faces with the Select tool
  4. NOW right click and choose Reverse faces.

Yes, I saw the file copy sent that does show “Reverse faces”. But when I have right clicked on the sofa in my model and Pro Sketchup software, the menu isn’t as comprehensive as the copy you sent. Perhaps my software needs updated. I’ll try to provide a screenshot copy to send to better understand the comparison

You are still not reading what Dave illustrated and I said in words.

You need to open the sofa, then the arm, for editing before you get the Reverse faces option. R-click on the sofa itself does NOT open it for editing, and because you aren’t clicking on a face, but on the component itself, there is no face to Reverse, so Reverse faces won’t appear in the context menu.

You software doesn’t need updating. It’s doing exactly what I’d expect it to do.

No need to send a screen shot. As John wrote, you didn’t get in to the faces. You have to open the components until you are all the way in to the faces.

No exact count but I think that now he has been told this about 7 times in this thread.

1 Like

I finally found “reverse faces”, it took trial and error. What happens after choosing reverse faces? I just pressed the button on the mouse choosing reverse faces. I simply want to move the sofa to one side of the building against the wall, nothing else. When choosing reverse faces, as I was able to find, the sofa still falls apart.

No it doesn’t. It needs you to read and follow instructions.

All the information you need is in previous posts.

If you won’t or can’t follow what’s been said there, I give up.

it takes trial and error, one should know this

It takes learning how to use the tools in SketchUp (see learn.sketchup.com) and practice.