Want to Export Sketchup Image at Monitor Resolution

I would like to export sketchup images at my monitor’s native resolution of 1920x1080. But in the options it is not possible. If I type 1920 I get 1920x929. Then it is locked. I cannot type 1920 in the top and 1080 in the bottom. Why is this?

What I am trying to do is make some Sketchup images to match my Thea renders exactly so I can play in post production with passes and some Photoshop. Any advice is welcome.

The shape (aspect ratio) of printed output is the same as that of the modeling workspace; that is, the application window minus title bar, menu bar, docked toolbars, and the status bar. To the extent these screen elements subtract different widths from the workspace area vertically and horizontally, they change the aspect ratio of the output image from the proportions of your monitor.

You can run SU in a window (as opposed to full screen) and adjust its height and width so that the workspace–rather than the entire screen–is 16:9. At that point you should be able to specify 1920 x 1080.

Alternatively, you can export the image at the highest resolution you can and then crop and resample it as necessary using an external bitmap editor.

-Gully

Thanks for the tip. I see Sketchup’s output is married to the workspace. I even tried creating a camera from the advanced camera tools with a 16:9 aspect ratio but it still exported at workspace resolution. I wonder if SU can be made in a future version to have a hide UI feature for this purpose. The image window should be independent of the UI like many other programs. Or at least have a tool that crops a region that we can specify a resolution within the aspect ratio like Thea for Sketchup does.

Install V-Ray Tools (you don’t need V-Ray): http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/v-ray-tools²
Then use that to set the aspect ratio of the viewport to match your screen and finally use its export function which will let you save an image with just the stuff inside the safe frames.