VRAY Render looking fake

Hello, I’m trying to render this kitchen on VRAY but no matter what I do it still looks fake.
The lighting seems off, I can’t get to show the HDR sky, you can’t see the gaps between the doors.

Any tips?

!

1 Like

Even in glaring sunshine, light from those windows is not enough to light the whole space in the way you show. Too much of everything in your render and lighting settings, leading to a washed out low contrast image. Start by adding some interior lights.

1 Like

thank you for your reply sir.
There are actually invisible rectangle lights all over, plus under cabinet lights

Ah well that explains it too.
Rectangle lights are a sure fire way to kill all contrast and make stuff look fake. General rule of thumb: if you’re faking light, it’s gonna look fake.
You need actual spotlights in the ceiling, preferably with .ies lights in there.
As for the gaps between the cupboard doors… is that something you actually modelled in SketchUp, or just an edge?

Also your marble and wood are going to need some reflectivity.

[edit lol I didn’t realise I was responding to an 11 month old topic :sweat_smile:]

2 Likes

Your response might be 11 months later but it has definitely helped me. As a newbie i’m having trouble with fake looking renders too so i will take on board your advice. Thank you

2 Likes