Vray render for SU 2017 REALLY dark. Please help

I’m trying to render an interior scene of a bedroom layout. Bedroom has a few windows in it, without adding ANY lights if I render, the only light that shows is whats coming through the window (and that is EXTREMELY BRIGHT). So my end result is basically a black and white render. I’ve changed the physical camera, add NUMEROUS Omni lights, but yet its still dark. I just want a basic brightness to the entire room, then add lighting details (lamps, chandelier, etc). what am I doing wrong?

Running on SU 2017, Vray 3.0

PLEASE HELP! AS THIS IS A PROJECT FOR SCHOOL.

Thanks!

Is this the right place, for your question?

Have you added other lights to your model for the render? Unfortunately, I have not used V-ray much, so it’s not something I can help with, but I know that rendering engines work with what they are given… And if all you give it is the global light (the :sun: in SketchUp) then that is all that will render.

For specifics on using V-Ray, you are probably better off reaching out to Chaos Group on their own forums.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.