Vray having problem with transparency

sketchup
bug
vray

Hi,

I am working on a project which was going very well, until the moment vray simply decided to stop rendering transparencies. I mean, everything is turning black on the time of the render, and this is happening with every file, even the ones I that were working and I didn’t modify at all!

Any clues?
Thanks in advance!

hello,

Would you have unchecked something in Global Illumination, like refractive for GI caustics ?

anyway, when this happen, you should revert to default render settings

Hi paul,
No, I didn’t change anything at all. The GI is on as it was, and the caustics was turned off and still is.
I can’t post the images because the forum won’t let me :frowning:

You would be more likely to get a proper answer if you could share the SKP file.

There shouldn’t be any reason on the forum side for not posting images.

Sorry, I can’t share the SKP file right now, but the forum said I’m a new user and new users can’t post images.

Now I can make it,
Here’s what I get:

And here’s the trees on a test render in the same file, from yesterday.
teste_out (2)

It actually seemed to fix by reverting the settings, but does it affects any other stuff? Do I have to worry about other settings flushed?

Did you try applying the image also on the backside. That helped me. I think it’s a bug in Vray

it depends on how much you modified them ! you should also save your settings when you know everything is working the way you want, that way you’ll be able to reload them

Alright! I kept it saved. Anyway, it does seems to work, but sometimes the bug comes back. For now, this should be a fix, maybe the next few days you’ll see me desperate here again because this solution doesn’t work anymore hahaha

Anyway, thank you!

@j.j.klepper this was not de problem, the textures were working before something weird happened, but thanks for the guess!

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.