Version Error Message

I have been using my Sketchup 2022 since about March of this year. Now, for reasons I don’t understand, when I try to open a file that has been opening fine, I get a version error message. It says that "the file was created in a newer version of Sketchup. You have version 20.2.172. You need version 22.0.354. Please visit skecthup.com to get the latest version.
Do I need to uninstall and then reinstall Sketchup 2022?

When you installed SketchUp did you right click on the downloaded installer and choose Run as administrator.

Try repairing the installation now. Download the latest installer from Download All | SketchUp Then right click on the installer, choose Run as administrator. Then when the option appears, choose Repair. After the installation finishes, do a cold reboot of the computer.

Please update your profile. It still says you are using SketchUp 2021.

I would have to say that I believe that I did. I upgraded back in March and have been operating out of 2022 version since then. Now in my file folder, all files show up with the old SKP cube icon and not the new blue one. I’ll try your suggestion now. Thank you for the quick response.

Maybe you just opened the old version?

Basically, opening version 2022 and then opening a model from inside the application should switch the file association to that version, but Windows is known to be a bit tricky in this respect. I don’t know if it is more common with corporate computers managed with registry policies etc.

I feel like I had been doing just that and still have now idea what caused the shift. However, Dave’s repair option worked and files seem to be opening like they should.

I appreciate all the help. It was beneficial & timely as I have some deadlines to get back to.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.