Vcarve import - two lefts instead of a left and right

I know this may be a VCarve issue instead of a sketchup issue but you are all just so smart.

My cabinet sides are specific to either left or right. When I import to vcarve, SOMETIMES it gives me a left and a right side of the cabinet. SOMETIMES it gives me two lefts or two rights. I’ve tried leaving all my cabinets “in situ” in the model, I’ve tried laying all the parts out flat but that didn’t change anything.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thoughts? Questions comments concerns? Thanks in advance.

I have no experience with VCarve, but I have heard that sometimes when a model is exported, it makes a difference how mirrored parts were generated. Evidently scale by -1 and flip along produce subtle differences in the object transformations that can confuse the exporters.

Oh that’s very interesting - thanks! I create a new solid box from scratch, but I copy over shelf pin holes and biscuit slots. Nothing is ever mirrored, just copied, so I wouldn’t think this is a problem… but maybe…