V2019 Camera Perspective Views

mac

I just starting using SketchUp 2019 Pro. The perspective views on all wacked out. None give me the realist view I was use to in 2018. The perspective view gives me this crazy fisheye distorted view. The two-point perspective gives me a distorted elongated view. Neither would I want to take 2d snapshot and present to a client. How can I get the old settings back?
2019%20camera%20view|690x340

Can you upload a SketchUp file that illustrates this?

Sounds like a ‘Field of View’ issue. Default is 35 like most point and shoot cameras. I like to set my perspectives a bit wider which is closer to how an eye sees the real world…like 40 or 50 depending on the view/project. Like DaveR said, try to get in the habit of posting screenshots with your questions for quicker/better responses from the Community.

Kudos!! to Eric S. I’ve been working with Sketchup forever and had never adjusted my field of view. That did the trick. How it just wacked out suddenly is the mystery. First time using the Community. Thanks.

No problem! That’s what we’re here for.

One common way to screw up the angle of view is to pick the Zoom tool out of the toolbar or menu and hold Shift while zooming. If you use the scroll wheel for zooming instead, you won’t change the angle of view.