Utterly bamboozled by Dimensions in Layout Templates

Having created a model in millimetres, architectural, in Sketchup, I am attempting to pull it all into layout for adding dimensions. The template I would like to use is a ArchD size, I have changed it all to relevant metric and 0.001m accuracy as and where I should, yet the dimension tool still brings up the measurements as imperial!?! if I select an ‘A4’ or “A1” template, they’re fine, if I select an imperial template and change the units, it simply does not work.

I am utterly bamboozled by this. Any workaround besides having to create my own template from scratch the tedious (frankly, silly) way?

wdi-06

The units the LayOut dimension tool shows are independent of any unit settings in the file, You set them in the Dimension tray. Not at SketchUp now to post a screenshot. You can even mix dimensions in different units on the same sheet.

1 Like

It literally wasnt working - whatever I did, didn’t change the imperial measurement from popping up.

having now done a full reboot, PRAM Reset on my Mac it has decided to play along.

Sometimes I guess you just have to do a hard reset :slight_smile:

1 Like