User Error

Hi @GISDTech. So sorry for the delay in my reply. I was traveling out to our Sunnyvale office and the hotel WiFi was not exactly up to the task while I was on the road. Thankfully I am able to take a look now.

That is a fairly unusual error to encounter after being added to the database, so I took a look at it again and it looks like I made a typo when I added you. Sorry about that. Can you give it another try and let me know if that fixed it?

@MaximeGuidez, I was able to get you added to the database too so you should be all set to deploy the app.

@rm_vchandra_pinkwell I have seen that happen sometimes when using Safari as a web browser. I have also seen that happen if I make a typo in adding people to our database. I have confirmed that I entered the domain you listed in your previous post accurately so it is not a typo. Can you confirm you are not using Safari while I dig a bit deeper on our end and try and find out what the problem is?

1 Like

Hi @CaseyG
Thanks for the response.
I can confirm that we are not using Safari and only have Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge in our environment.
Also, for the above test, we used Edge.
Thanks!!

Very strange. I’ll send a few emails to the rest of the team and see what I can uncover. Hopefully we can have you up and running soon!

1 Like

Hi again @rm_vchandra_pinkwell thanks for your patience. I talked with a team member last night and they suggested that you try using a private browser window. can you give that a try and let me know the results? Also, can you try getting it to load with chrome and let me know if that works or not as well?

Hi @CaseyG ,
Thanks for the response,
I tried with Google Chrome that too in incognito mode,
But still no luck:

We’re still having the same issue. Is there anything besides the domain needing to be whitelisted, that can cause this prompt?

@GISDTech, sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, I was out of the office last week on a trip to our California office for some meetings. I am able to confirm that you are in the database and should be able to deploy the app. Can you check the app in Google Chrome and let me know if it works? If that still doesn’t work, can you check a private window too?

@rm_vchandra_pinkwell It sounds like you are having a more serious issue with the app. I will ping a few people on the edu team and support team to figure out what our next step is. In the meantime, can you check and make sure that the app is deployed by your IT team. I want to make sure that we have everything ready for the team so we can get you up and running ASAP.

1 Like

Hi @CaseyG ,
Of course, We have deployed the app and it also shows up on the user’s app list.
Appreciate a proper resolution to this issue.
Thanks.

I still get the same “Are you in the right place?” prompt in a private window on Google Chrome, as well. I also tried again with Edge and Firefox and get the same prompt.

@GISDTech @CaseyG

The “Are you in the right place” error message indicates that the app has not been allowed by the administrator of your domain. Unfortunately this is not something that we can do on behalf of you and your students, and will need to be done by you school’s IT administrator or the person the holds administrative privileges for your educational accounts. I saw in a previous message that they had tried to do so, but it’s possible that they do not hold what Google refers to as “Super Admin” privileges. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the permissions screen that they see when deploying the app?

Looks like your browser is blocking 3rd party cookies, click on the crossed-out eye icon next the star (favorite icon) and allow cookies.

1 Like

Hi @CaseyG , @marwanobeidat ,

Sorry for the delayed response.
I just got into the SketchUp Web app to see if the third party cookies are actually the reason why we couldn’t get SketchUp up and running,
But interestingly, The web app loaded and things are all good nowâ˜ș

Thank you team for sticking with me and guiding me through the resolution steps.

Appreciate the support!!

These are the screenshots I received from the Systems Admin. This is the person in the district with full administrative privileges.

Hello @CaseyG , @Tori_SU ,

Are there any updates on what might be causing the “Are you in the right place” error message? Do the pictures I provided give enough information?

@CaseyG

hi my school is UCF i am attempting to log in with my Microsoft for education account.
our domain is @knights.ucf.edu
I would really appreciate any help. i believe the domain just needs to be whitelisted.

thank you
jake

Hi @jr_palm. SOrry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been sick lately and am just now finally able to get back into the office to handle these registration requests.

Unfortunately I was not able to verify everything I needed from your post. Can you give me a link to your website so I can grab a few things to complete the registration process? Additionally, can you verify that you are a k-12 school?

As for you @GISDTech, I have done everything I can to verify things on my end and have passed along everything to our support team and mentioned your issue to @Tori_SU. In the meantime, can you try and figure out who the super admin is and have them deploy the app? Just a regular admin won’t cut it with the way Google has things structured and there isn’t really anything we can do on our end to change that.

Hi @CaseyG I hope you are feeling better.

Here is the link to k12 proof it’s also our website

https://www.ucf.edu/degree/exceptional-student-education-k-12-ma/

Let me know if that is sufficient

Thanks for the link @jr_palm. I looked at the link you provided and am a little confused. SketchUp for Schools is for k-12 schools. It is not designed for higher education use. The page you linked me appears to be for a higher education program. Granted, it is entirely possible I am missing something and there may be a link to a k-12 school somewhere on the site. Am I just missing something or are you requesting access for a higher education school?

Hi @CaseyG

I was confused by what k-12 meant, yes I am requesting access for higher education. Is that still a possibility?