Upgrading SU Pro 2022 to 2023

Actually, I had to re-setup my trays and toolbars after the update (Windows). No biggie though.

check with the macOS Disk Utility if you have formatted the concerned drive with the ā€œAPFS (Case-sensitive)ā€ file systemā€¦ which is prone to provoke issues in this area w/ applications not being aware of resp. compatible with this.

@SketchUp3D_de Thanks. Your post made me realise I hadnā€™t updated my system info, I have switched to Windows about a month ago :slight_smile:

Apologies!

It BLOWS my mind that after so many years and versions Trimble STILL hasnā€™t addressed this HUGE issue. @Trimble, fix this! ā€œUpgradingā€ every year is such a PITA, I wait as long as possible to transition. Help your users, donā€™t hinder them!

Generally. it is assumed that people who use extensions and special peripherals with SketchUp ought to have a notion about what they are doing and what they have installed.

It would probably be easy for SketchUp to add to their installer a function that would copy the contents of the previous versionā€™s extensions folders over to the new version.

However, for every new version of SketchUp, many extensions cease to work or even worse and have to be updated. Managing this is only possible to the extension authors and users. In practice, the complaints about extensions not porting to the new version would be replaced by a much larger number of complaints about SketchUp crashing on startup because of incompatible extensions.

4 Likes